Friday, July 17, 2015

Relaxing, but Productive Day

Today was a very relaxing day, but very productive. In the morning, we peer reviewed our abstracts. The other interns and instructors agreed that Nate and I should combine our abstracts into one, because there were some parts missing from mine that were in his, and vise versa. After, I came to our lab and I set up the Schlieren system with all the parts and it worked perfectly. As a bonus, it was extremely easy to set up! I then decided to try to make a prototype for the color wheel idea, which uses color filters to enhance the image. I showed the prototype to Aly and she thought it was really cool! I then glued some parts together and drew some diagrams of possible ideas. Lunch was also very fun playing volley ball and eating as a group. It was hilarious how the picnic table almost tipped over! When Nate gets back, I think we will get the pieces for the phone holder and write more of our final essay. (Pictured is the color wheel prototype attached to the working Schlieren System)

No comments:

Post a Comment